Worktops are made by Polishedstone.co.uk,
a new UK company:
Worktops are becoming very popular in UK
worktops appear to be the centre of kitchen
design for 2004.
- The company began trading on the internet
about September 2003
- Protocol began website marketing Polished
Stone in October 2003
- There was no Google rank at this time.
- The website marketing programme began 20th
- By 3rd Jan 2004 - Google ranking had risen
from zero to 5 (now 4)
- 20 results in Google top-20 over 13 search
terms by 3rd Jan 2004.
- Site visitors went from 5/day in Jan, 50/day
in April and 100 in July.
- 1.1% of visitors place an order.
- Orders rose to UK£20-30,000/month by
- The budget for this promotion is c. £5,000
- Cost of promotion is best represented as being
c. 4% of GP
- 40% of the budget is spent on directory entries.
- Selected directory were chosen to promote
this website because the Polished Stone website
began with a tainted IP address.
- A new IP address was provided in June 2004,
but the directory entries still outshine the
home site. This is expected to change by 2005.
- Protocol is a specialist in directory optimisation.
- Long term business seems secure with continuous